Wednesday 4 March 2009

01-03-09

March 1st arrived on Sunday, and so the new season is underway...

Home waters are high, the colour largely normal a few days after heavy rain. Temperatures are low, with a hard frost and some light snow last night.

I missed the start of the season to celebrate a landmark 40th birthday (my brothers, not mine...) with family and good people I haven't seen for a very long time, it all happened in Cumbria last weekend. It was worth it, we had an amazing time which included a visit to Dove Cottage, one time home of Wordsworth... and a wee peek at some small water near a place called Troutbeck.


And I got to freak out, dance and party like it's 1999... two thousand, zero-zero party over oops, out of time.

That was then. This weekend? Time to get serious, f'real...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you slut ! go fishing instead of acting silly !!!

all my love,
marc

Andy Baird said...

Cheers Marc!

Would love to go fishing, but the high waters and rain would ruin my hair!

;)

Anonymous said...

hey, these comments get kinda lost if you remove the pics, ay ?